food hub & Community workspace in New Denver, BC, Canada

Our Kitchen

The Fireweed Hub kitchen is a fully certified commercial kitchen suitable for use by restaurateurs, caterers and food producers, as well as for food-related workshops and private events.


The Fireweed Hub kitchen is equipped with all the equipment, tools, appliances, dishware and cookware that you would expect from a well-equipped commercial kitchen. In addition, the following specialized equipment is available:

  • Nuova Simonelli Appia 2 Group Espresso Machine and bean grinder
  • Rational Combi-Pro Oven
  • Vulcan 5 Shelf Convection Oven, full sheet pan capacity
  • Commercial Dough Sheeter
  • Two Plate Panini Press
  • Globe Floor Stand Dough Mixer, 60 qt. capacity

The kitchen and part or all of the flex space (seating area at the front of the building) are rented separately to allow you to customize your booking and minimize your costs. A damage deposit is required upon booking. Invoicing is done online through Square®. Payment can be made online, by Interac® eTransfer, or in person by arrangement using card, cheque or cash.

Kitchen rental, fewer than 10 hours in a calendar month$17
Kitchen rental, 10 or more hours in a calendar month$15
Café seating (daytime, up to 20, compatible with light cowork use)$8
Restaurant seating (evenings, up to 24, entire flex space)$10

Meet our managers, Karin Dodds and Hannah Weisbrich-Collier. They are your first point of contact for kitchen bookings and information. Starting a food business or hosting a public event can be tricky, but they are here to help. If you have questions about food safety requirements, business licenses, insurance or liquor licenses, or need to know how to use some of our amazing equipment, they have policies, documents, templates and good old common sense, wisdom, and experience to guide you through.

Contact the managers by email


Can I share a booking with someone I know?

You are welcome to share space in order to reduce your costs and create camaraderie. We only ask that you choose one person to be the designated user, communication and payment.

Can I serve alcohol?

Any client booking the Fireweed Hub wishing to serve alcohol will need to apply for their own special events license as appropriate.

HOW WILL I learn HOW TO USE your FANCY equipment?

Our managers will train you on any equipment you are intending to use.